- MemberAugust 27, 2020 at 5:37 pm
I learned that I will be working remotely until the end of the year, anyone else in the same boat? What are you doing to ensure a good divide between work and your personal life? (I find I am working all the time)0
- MemberAugust 27, 2020 at 5:41 pm
I’ve worked from home for the last 5 years and here’s some things I’ve learnt –
1. Have a separate work space if you can, and at the end of the work day turn everything off, close it up don’t go back to the desk/computer until the next work day.
2. Take a set lunch break. Get up and go outside to stretch your legs and get some fresh air, eat your lunch in a different room and have a proper break for half an hour.
3. Plan something you enjoy at the end of your work day… Say it’s 5pm…5pm is now time for yoga/a walk/catch up on news/playing with the kids. Whatever works for you but it creates a transition between work and personal time
4. Get up and get dressed for work, then get changed at the end of the day. It helps your brain go from work mode to relax mode.
5. Be strict about not checking emails/messages etc after hours. Turn work notifications off your phone or personal devices.
6. Organise social catch ups, whether that’s on zoom or in person if that’s possible. You can feel very isolated being at home all the time so make sure you’re connecting with friends and family regularly.
Hope that helps!0
Log in to reply.